Monday, May 17, 2010

Keep 'em fresh

Oooooook so it's definitely Wedding Week! Yeah...just putting that out there.

Anyway, like so many who have come before me (and many who will come after) I put together bathroom baskets for our guests. While they're certainly popular in wedding blog world, I've never been to a wedding that had them so I'm assuming that many of our guests have never seen them either. Hopefully they are enjoyed by everyone!

Here they are in all of their glory. 
Please ignore me in the mirror. It's for your own good, I promise.

Wanna see what's inside? Let's start with the ladies:


In the basket for the women-folk we have the following:
Kleenex
Lint roller
Mini pads
Tampons
Tide To Go pen
Face wipes
Hand sanitizer
Aleve 
Tic-Tacs
First Aid kit
Q-Tips
Tums
Lotion
Deodorant
Bobby pins
Hair ponies 
Nail file
Body spray
Hair spray

And for the gentlemen:



Lint roller
Kleenex
Lotion
Hand sanitizer
First Aid kit
Q-tips
Deodorant
Tide To Go pen
Aleve
Axe body spray
Tic Tacs
Tums

To go along with the baskets I printed up some signs. 



I found the wording for this...somewhere. I know, I'm so bad. If you recognize it and can I.D. the source I'll be happy to add that in. Here is the wording:

Whether your skin feels dry
or your hair our of place.
You're not feeling so fresh,
or whatever the case.
We've put together a basket
to help you along.
Now hurry back out
before you miss the next song!

I added part of our invitation graphic, printed these babies up on some 5x7 cardstock, stuck them in a frame and VOILA! 

As for the baskets themselves, I found them at Michaels around Christmastime. They originally had cloth inserts but I decided I hated them so I took them out. I put shredded paper (found at the Dollar Store) in the bottom so the contents would have something to rest on. My mom added some fake hydrangeas to the front to spruce it up a bit. I think they turned out really nice! Here's hoping people actually *use* the stuff!

Anyone else doing bathroom basketr? If you had them at your wedding, were they a success? 

7 comments:

  1. Oh we made these too! Except I only made one for the ladies. We both agreed that boys would either shy away from it... or totally abuse it (esp with our little brothers). Every man at the wedding will be there with a lady who can grab some advil for them from the girl's basket. We figured it will save us half of the money and half of the headache so it was a great compromise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely doing them. Buying things slowly when they come on sale at CVS, Rite Aid and Duane Reade. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Em, I'm sure everyone will love them! And have a wonderful week, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! Your mom is so talented! And I just have to say... yyyaaaaayyyyyyy one week to go!!!! Sooooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally planned on doing these and then totally nixed the idea the month before the wedding. I think I was just over it by that point :) But I think yours are so perfect...and I love all the little signs, letters and notes that you are leaving for your guests. Such great attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours turned out so cute, Em! I already blogged about mine - I hope people use them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! My mom has fake Hydrangeas that she's been dying to use somehow, I might just steal this from you! HA! :) The poem is awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete