Friday, January 15, 2010

It only took me 11 months

Looking back through my old posts I noticed something: I've NEVER blogged about my colors. That is like, a cardinal sin of wedding planning. Am I serious? I've blogged about our flower ideas, what the Maids and Men are wearing, even our cake ideas that included colors...but never our actual colors? Although I'm sure you can figure out from those posts what our colors are, I still feel like a bad blogger.



Since I'm terrible at making inspiration boards (I've tried...it's sad) I'm just going to post a few I've found around the web. These were all saved to my computer before I started blogging so I don't have sources for any pictures. I can say, however, that Snippet & Ink and Style Me Pretty were huge sources of inspiration when I first started planning. It's safe to say a great deal of my pictures are from those sites.

So without further ado...my wedding colors!




Black, white, and green!! Apparently it's a pretty popular combination these days. I'm not worried, though. I know that no two weddings are the same. And really, are there any completely original ideas these days? Ummm no. 

Deciding on these colors wasn't too difficult. I have fairly masculine tastes (despite the fact that I'm definitely a very feminine person) so I wasn't attracted to any "girly" colors. Don't get me wrong, I *love* weddings with pinks and purples, I just didn't want those colors in my wedding. Plus, it's Josh's wedding, too. I knew he'd be less-than-thrilled if Barbie threw up on our wedding. Green is my favorite color so we made that our starting point. Then I decided that I really loved the idea of black bridesmaid dresses and our GBW color scheme was born. Our colors are the one thing I have never doubted (except my choice of spouse) during this whole process. I loooove them and cannot wait to see everything come together in just over 4 months.

So there you have it! Finally a post about our colors. 

6 comments:

  1. oh i LOVE this color combo!! I started out with a really bold color combo of bright purple and green...and it has somehow mophed into light purple hues of lavendar and greys with a touch of green...wierd. Anyways...great choice...it's going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I've never really talked about mine either! Thanks for giving me an idea for a future post!
    I really like your color combo! I especially love how the green pops out against the white and black! For what its worth I tried creating an inspirations board once... lets just say it wasn't pretty! So I too look around the net and borrow other peoples work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOWWWWWWWWW have I never stalked your blog before! These are my colors too! :) I agree - it's weirdly popular now, but I think it's really classic. We chose green because we chose March for our month (for $$ reasons) and then added b&w because we needed accents and I prefer black to brown. Funny how that stuff works out!

    ps- I want to steal your hair. I'm a curly-hair wannabee!

    -kjpugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love green :) I can't wait to see it all come together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color palette! I think it will look so modern and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the green, Ryan and I decided to do our kitchen in those colors!

    ReplyDelete