MEEEE!!! The past 2 weeks were a whirlwind, to say the very least. If you need a refresher just go back to this post where I explain my absence. Of course, with all of that craziness this little bride got SICK! For the 3rd NYE in a row I was sick with a cold. I'm finally getting over the sickness and am now just a bit congested. Believe me, you do not want to know what is coming out of my body right now.
So to start off the 2010 right, I'm going to leave you with a little 2009 retrospective. I found this on the blog of Born to be Mrs. Beever. Feel free to take it as well!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
-Worked a Temp job.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-Didn't make any and probably won't this year either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-Our good friends Ryan and MJ gave birth to Ethan in January! He is A.Dorable!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
-Thankfully, no. Let's keep it that way in 2010, too, please!
5. What countries did you visit?
-None! But in 2010 we'll be going somewhere tropical for our honeymoon!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
-I will have a husband! Hopefully I'll get out of Ohio and have a new home/job, as well.
7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
-Hmm...none that I can think of.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
-Becoming a mom to my fur babies and not killing them! We've had some bumps along the way, but I love my boys and can't imagine life without them.
-Living full-time with Josh in our very own apartment.
-Starting this blog.
9. What was your biggest failure?
-Not finding a full-time job in my field. I was really down on myself for the first half of 2009. Finding that temp job saved my sanity.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-Had a pretty yucky tummy thing in early February. Other than that, just a few colds sprinkled throughout the year. Hopefully I have a healthy 2010!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-Oh, definitely anything wedding day outfit-related. The Dress! The Shoes! The Accessories! So excited to see it all come together.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
-Josh, definitely. I'm probably not the easiest person to live with so for him to put up with me AND still want to marry me? I've hit the man-jackpot :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
-Ohhh...I'd rather not talk about that. There have definitely been some people whose behavior has disappointed me. I'm not going to dwell on that, though!
14. Where did most your money go?
-RENT. General living expenses. Being grown up sort of sucks.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-Our wedding, of course!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
-SINGLE LADIES!!!! And I LOVE it. That song will always be a favorite and will always get my booty on the dance floor!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a.) About the same.
b.) Fatter...ew I hate admitting that!
c.) About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-Exercising. I've gained an embarrassing 15 or so pounds since I finished college in November 2008. I can't believe I just admitted that.
-I wish I'd called my friends more. I need to get better at that. Maybe that will be a resolution?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
-Wasting away on the Internet. Maybe that will be another resolution?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
-Three words: In the car. We spent Christmas Eve day with Josh's parents, Christmas Eve night with my family, then went to a Christmas Eve party with close family friends. Christmas Day consisted of a few hours with my Dad, a few hours with Josh's parents, and a dinner with my family. Oh, and our parent's live an hour apart. Fun, right? Not really. Needless to say, I was not filled with much Christmas Cheer this year.
21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
-Nope, not really. 2010 is going to be amazing, though.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
-Either Idol or LOST. LOST comes back in a little less than a month and OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-I don't think I hate anyone, actually.
24. What was the best book you read?
-I read three book by Jen Lancaster that were hilarious and awesome. They are: Bitter is the New Black; Bright Lights, Big Ass; Such a Pretty Fat. Seriously, if you like witty, snarky, sassy, sarcastic females, she is the perfect author for you. Love.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-Ooooh I don't even know. I love music and I love having the newest songs before anyone else. I'd have to say Lady GaGa. She's amazing. I know a lot of people don't really "get" her. I was one of those people. But man, get past the clothes and the on-stage theatrics, and her voice is really something special.
26. What did you want and get?
-Didn't really want anything special. Everything I got was much appreciated but completely unnecessary.
27. What did you want and not get?
-Well, I would looooove a new computer. But I'll probably just buy that for myself in the next few months.
28. What was your favorite film of 2009?
-Taken. I've seen it probably 3-4 times (in and out of the theater) which is pretty much unheard of for me.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-I was 23 and I honestly do not remember what I did! I know Josh's mom made my favorite meal (ribs and pasta salad...in the middle of winter!) Ohhh now I remember. Josh took me out to dinner but unfortunately the food was sort of gross. Oh well, there's always this year!! And there are *BIG* plans for this year...more details to come ;)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
-Well, for the first 6 months it was lounge clothes. Then for the final 6 months it was casual work clothes. Throw in a few nights out with some pretty cute clothes and we're done! I really want to overhaul my wardrobe this year, though. Hmmm...another resolution?
32. What kept you sane?
-Joshie Poo and my cats (Hi, I'm Emily and I'm officially a crazy cat lady.)
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
-Anything having to do with gay rights and women's rights. I'd love for our president to follow through with his promise of getting rid of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. You've avoided this issue long enough, Mr. Obama. Time for action.
34. Who did you miss?
-Tyrone, one of my very best friends.
-BM Bree, who moved to MD in March.
-All of my other friends who live out of state.
35. Who was the best new person you met in 2009?
-Hmm...I'm going to say my old co-worker Ashley. Such a sweet person :)
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
-It's not personal, it's the economy. Meaning when I was rejected for all of the jobs I applied for, it wasn't personal. With so many people applying for jobs, my odds were not good. It's ok, though. I'm stronger for it.
I have TONS to share with you fabulous gals. Happy 2010!! It's going to be an amazing year!