Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting to know you!

Fellow blogger Katie over at Random Reflections of a Perfectionist just posted this survey about herself and her FI, Justin. I've never met a survey (or a chance to talk about myself) that I didn't like, so here are my answers:

1. What are your middle names? Mine is Alexandra, his is Matthew.

2. How long have you been together? Just about 4 years! I can't believe he's stuck with me for that long.

3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? We "knew each other" over the internet for about 3 months before our first official date.

4. Who asked who out? He pursued me for soo long and asked me to hang out countless times before I eventually said yes. For our first date it was the same, he asked me to dinner for an official "date."

5. How old are each of you? I am 23 and he is 27

6. Did you go to the same school? We went to the same college but didn't know each other.

7. Are you from the same home town? Nope! Our hometowns are about an hour apart.

8. Who is the smartest? I think we're equally smart but in different ways. He's incredibly computer/technology smart. I am a little more "street" smart I guess, but I really hate using that term. I'm making an executive decision that this is a dumb question.

9. Who majored in what? I majored in Communication and Josh majored in Computer/Electrical Engineering.

10. Who is the most sensitive? Hmm that's tough. I am probably sensitive more frequently, but he gets sensitive about certain things.

11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Oh we've been all over! Probably the furthest is the Caribbean.

12. Who has the worst temper? Haha ohhhh that would be me. But like the sensitivity thing from above, I think I have a temper and show my emotion more often. Josh can definitely get upset about things, though. Luckily, he doesn't ever take his stresses out on me.

13. How many children do you want? Probably 2, definitely no more than 3.

14. Who does the cooking? We share that load equally!

15. Who is more social? I'd say we're pretty much the same. We both enjoy being the center of attention, but we don't crave it. (Ok, maybe I do a little bit.) We both know how to work a room and feel comfortable meeting and talking to new people. If we're at a party or a bar we're comfortable going off on our own and talking to people. I'm so thankful we don't have to be stuck to each other all the time. I don't know if I could be with some one who couldn't keep up with me on that level.

16. Who is the neat freak? Ugh...I don't wanna talk about it.

17. Who is the most stubborn? That would probably be me. But he has a stubborn side to him, just not as much as me.

18. Who wakes up earlier? I do because I shower, put on make up, and do my hair every morning. I wish I could be a brush my teeth and go type girl, but I just can't. Josh wakes up 15 min before he leaves, but I turn the light on when I leave the room so he can start the "waking up process."

19. Where was your first date? Our first date was at this cute restaurant in our college town, Athens, OH called Stephens. Or Stevens. I can't remember. Doesn't matter. But it has great food and you can BYOB!! We went on many more dates there and drank many bottles of wine. I'd love to go back next time we're in Athens.

20. Who has the bigger family? We're actually pretty close in size when you add up extended family.

21. Do you get flowers often? The last time I got flowers was on our 1 year til the wedding anniversary back in May. So unexpected and so pretty. I'm glad I don't get them often because that makes it all the more special when I do get them.

22. How do you spend the holidays? Please see this post.

23. Who is more jealous? Oh definitely me. It was a big problem early on. I just chalk it up to immaturity. I'm much better now.

24. How long did it take to get serious? We said "I love you" about 2 months after our first date, 3 months after we met face-to-face, and 6 months after our first correspondence. Not sure if the math is right...exactly why I was a Coms major.

25. Who eats more? Josh. Hands down.

26. What do you do for a living? Currently I'm a temp at a large corporation. When I grow up (whenever that may be) I want to get into event planning.

27. Who does the laundry? We do our own.

28. Who's better with the computer? Josh definitely. But I'm fairly computer literate.

29. Who drives when you are together? Usually Josh. Although most of our fights stem from his driving, so maybe I should start sharing the load.

30. What is your song? You know, we don't really have one. We have lots of songs that we love to sing together, though.

Copy, paste, and add your answers on your blog!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your answer to the 'Who is more social?' question.. It bothers me when couples can't interact with other people on their own.

    I love reading these! I need to fill it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you filled out the survey! :) I love surveys...haha!

    You want to get into event planning too? I've contemplated that thoroughly (especially after planning my wedding...haha)...too bad we don't live closer to one another...we could start it up together! ;)

    ReplyDelete