I saw this Christmas Questionnaire on Thoughts of the All Consumed Bride (aka Born to be Mrs. Beever) earlier today and thought "Ooooh I wanna do this!" So here we go!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For Christmas I always wrap. Usually I do gift bags for birthdays and other gift-giving occasions, but I figure for Christmas I can step it up a bit.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Some years growing up we had real, other years we had artificial. My mom keeps an artificial tree decorated year-round and just keeps it in the basement. She's a genius, that woman. Josh and I have only had one tree of our own in our relationship and it was real. I'm not sure what we'll do in the future. I really don't have a preference.
3. When do you put up the tree? Uhh...whenever I have time sometime after Thanksgiving and before Christmas Eve.
4. When do you take the tree down? Uhhh...whenever I have time sometime after New Years Day and Easter.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. I don't think I've ever tasted it actually. Is it warm?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably anything having to do with Barbie. Yeah, I was that girl.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Hmmm...probably my mom and grandma.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Honestly, I have a hard time with pretty much everyone.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Ha, that's funny. No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I've never done Christmas cards but I'm looking forward to doing them with Josh next year. And we'll mail them :)
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh god...the list is much too long for here. Anything from my dad's side for the first, oh, 20 years of my life.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I'm not really into Christmas movies. Maybe...Love Actually? That kind of has a Christmas thing going on.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Let's just say it's December 18 and I'm still not done shopping.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Hmm...I don't think so. BM Bree got me a gag gift last year that I passed back to her for her birthday. But no, I don't re-gift.
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? OMG EVERYTHING. Seriously, I love it all. My mom makes a big Christmas Eve meal AND a big Christmas Day meal. And on Christmas Eve we always go to this big party at a family friend's house and they have like 82343 different types of cookies. And they're all amazing. And...I love it :)
16. Lights on the tree? Um...I don't really care? As long as they don't blink.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Religious (even though I am not): O Holy Night. I especially love Christina Aguilera's version. Chills. Secular: Mariah Carey, All I Want For Christmas is You. Come on, it's a classic!
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel between Josh's parents and my parents, but home nonetheless. Although I would not at all be opposed to traveling to a beach on Christmas. I can't think of any better way than spending Christmas surrounded by lit up palm trees.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No, and I don't plan on knowing them until I have kids.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Some kind of star thing.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Well...my family always opened presents on Christmas Eve. When I was a kid we did the Santa thing on Christmas morning. Once Josh and I have kids I'm not sure what we'll do. Probably a combo.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I'm annoyed by a lot of stuff actually. All of the freaking PEOPLE out all of the time. Plus lots of them are sick and by the time NYE rolls around I have a cold. It's happened for the last 2 years, I'm determined not to let it happen again. I'm annoyed by a lot more but I'll skip it on here...not worth losing readers. All I know is that it's ok to celebrate Christmas even if you don't celebrate it with religious implications.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Umm...any? Ha, I really don't care.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mmmmmmmm let me think. My mom always makes beef tenderloin for Christmas so that is definitely my favorite. This year for Christmas Eve she's making shrimp in this soffritto sauce with rice...omg it's going to be bananas.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really couldn't think of anything actually. With the wedding coming up I know there is going to be so much gift-giving happening and I didn't really see a need to add to that.
26. Have you ever been caroling? Ha, doubtful.