Friday, May 1, 2009

You got me feelin' emotions

Mariah? Anyone? Anyone? It's old school, before the craziness. Anyway.


Last night I cried for what is probably the most ridiculous reason ever: we received a wedding invitation and my fiance opened it. He came home from work, mail in hand. I was in the bathroom when I heard "Baaaabe! We got something in the mail you might want to seee!" It was an invitation to our friend's wedding (we have to RSVP "no" unfortunately) that I'd been anticipating. Why did I cry?

Because he opened it and not me.

Seriously, how ridiculous is that? I guess it's because I'm a bride and invitations mean so much to me now, but I just couldn't believe that he didn't even wait for me. I know how much time and energy is put into invitations. From the design and wording to the addressing and postage...it's a long process! Brides want it to be noticed and appreciated, even if it's just by one person. And to be honest...I'm that person! I will appreciate it! Josh...WILL NOT. Anyone who reads this, feel free to send me an invitation if you want some one to "ooh" and "aahh" over it.

I'm definitely embarrassed that I was so emotional over this, but I guess I just really wanted to be the one to open it. Josh was definitely a little confused. Blah, emotions. I'm a woman, I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment