Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It all started with a message

On MySpace. Yup, BRG and I met on the internet in one of the creepiest ways I can imagine. Let me set the scene for you. It was summer 2005, I was 19 years old, had just gotten out of a 1.5 year relationship, and was S-I-N-G-L-E. For the first time in a long time I actually had time to focus on myself and not be wrapped up in some stupid boy. And let me tell you, I enjoyed every minute of it. I flirted shamelessly, I kissed boys I had only known for a few hours, and I wondered why the hell I stayed in a shitty relationship for so long.

In early July, I recieved a message on MySpace from some guy named Josh. He was 23, he went to Ohio University (like me), and he lived above Subway. For those of you who are unfamiliar with OU, living above Subway is kind of a big deal. It's located in the heart of Uptown Athens, surrounded by bars, bars, and more bars. See, OU is known for it's love of...um...how do I say this...drinking/partying/debauchery. So the fact that I now "knew" a guy (and an older guy at that) who lived above Subway (notorious for it's parties) who was interested in ME was just the coolest thing in my 19-year-old mind.

Thus began our correspondence. We started off with MySpace messages, which led to messages and IMs, which led to our eventual meeting. More on that...next time!!

1 comment:

  1. My good friend (and hair dresser) met her husband on MySpace in a very similar way :)

    ReplyDelete