Friday, March 20, 2009

Venue Search Part 1: Unexpected Tears

Once Burning River Groom popped the q (which I'll write about...eventually) I started looking for venues. Ok, maybe I started looking before he actually asked. What? Don't tell me you didn't do it, too. I looked at so many places, but none really made me say "I need to see this place NOW." We (and pretty much whenever I say "we" I mean "I" because BRG just wants to marry me) wanted a place downtown, maybe outside, and not a wedding factory. To me, hotels just don't have that "wow" factor, even though they make the most sense. I *wish* we had some cool hotels in Cleveland.

Luckily, we do have one pretty cool place called Windows on the River. My mom mentioned it and when I did some research I knew it was a contender. There are two rooms, the Bridgeview and the Cityview. For the record, I DID take pictures when we first visited, but a few months later my computer freaked out and deleted *all* of my picutres. The ones from the Windows website are better(ish) anyway.

We originally wanted the Bridgeview Room:


When I walked into the room for the first time it literally took my breath away. It was all set up for a wedding later that day and the sight of it made me tear up. Why was I crying? Silly bride. But I couldn't help but think, "This is it, I am done looking."

The Cityview room was nice, too:

(Source)

Our biggest concern was those big green pillars. We figured they would block people's views and we certainly didn't want that. My mind was made up, I wanted the Bridgeview room. However, I knew I had to be realistic so I continued searching just to make sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment