Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm not dead

And I haven't forgotten about all of you beautiful people out there :)

Things have been pretty crazy since the honeymoon. As most of you probably know, I moved to the DC area (Bethesda, MD to be exact) the Wednesday after the honeymoon. My mom stayed with us until Friday, then we finally had some time to experience our new city together. We had a fun weekend of exploring the city, enjoying new restaurants, and hanging out with friends, both new and old. Of course, I didn't take any pictures. Bad blogger (I promise to get better at that).

On Tuesday of this week I called the local office of the temp agency I've been working with for the past year. I figured I'd try to get a short-term temp assignment while I search for a permanent position. Well, I found a temp assignment! It's a bit longer than I originally wanted (6 months) but it's a pretty amazing opportunity. So who will I be working for?

Google. As in, THE Google.

Normally for the sake of privacy I wouldn't reveal this info, but it's just too good to keep to myself. I don't want to go into detail about my assignment, but it's very exciting and will allow me to flex my communication muscles while learning a new skill (photography) at the same time.

This Sunday (as in 2 days from now) I'll be on a plane to Mountain View, CA where I'll train at Google headquarters for the next week.

This has all happened incredibly fast, and while I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, I am very excited.

I promise to start honeymoon recaps soon, plus we're set to receive our pro pics in the next few weeks and you all know what that means...wedding recaps!! Just bear with me while I try to juggle all of this few stuff going on. And please, follow me on Twitter @Em219 if you want to read my random musings throughout the day.

10 comments:

  1. Holy crap! That is AWESOMEEEE! I am super jealous, yet incredibly excited for you! I hear how awesome the home office in CA is, I hope you have a fabulous time being trained...I want to hear all about what you're doing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gawd. That's amaIng!!!! Maybe thi will become something more permanent? Either way THAT'S AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shitballs, GOOGLE! Girlfriend that is so, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! I was trying to guess who it was for! That sounds amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! So excited for you...dang it! You're gonna be in the wrong part of cali!!! :(

    Oh well...can't wait to hear even more. Those first few weeks after the wedding were ridiculously busy for me, too...it's so hard to stay connected to the blogosphere...but I'll be here whenever you are and hoping you are able to catch up with me cuz I can't WAIT to see all your stuff!

    PS Showed your sneak peek of pics to Mr Fix It and he said you are effin' hot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is super awesome...what am amazing opportunity! So many exciting things happening to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Google's supposedly one of the top 10 BEST companies on the plant to work for. So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I'm moving to a new city and I've been contemplating trying a temp service, as I'm not having any luck with submitting traditional resumes. Do you like working with them?

    ReplyDelete