Monday, August 31, 2009

Reception Dress Search: Pt. 2

After ordering and trying on 2 short dresses that ultimately just didn't work for what I am looking for, I decided to try on some bridesmaid dresses. Every time I go grocery shopping I see this small bridal shop and always mean to stop in. Well, I finally did last week. It's...small to say the least. But the woman I worked with was very helpful, so that was nice.

I am a bad bride and only have a style number for one of the dresses. If you REALLY must know the style number of a certain dress, I'd be happy to track it down for you. Please note, all of these dresses were at least 3-4 sizes too big for me. Also, sorry about the crappy lighting. Now as Heidi would say, let's start the show!

Wow...why am I making that face?


Here it is on the model. It's Alexia Designs, number 2604.
This was my favorite out of all the dresses I tried on. On the model the sash is tied in the front around the brooch. I like that.

Now on to the not-so-favorites.

Um...no. Maybe it's because this was a size 10 and I'm a size 2/4, but it just did not work. I'm holding it tight in the back, in case you can't tell. Still...no.

Hahahahahaha ohhhh I bet some of you needed a good laugh today. Yeah...this one's not gonna work.

I tried on another dress that I didn't even bother taking pictures of.

All in all, I'd say this trip was a bust. I didn't expect to find my reception dress, but I didn't expect to have such terrible results, either. Stay tuned for the next edition of "The Great Reception Dress Search of 09."

1 comment:

  1. I know, no more color twins! I think, though, that those colors are PERFECT for a May 2010 wedding...I am sure it will be fab! // Love reading about your dress hunt! :)

    ReplyDelete